SEAT Center located on State Street Schenectady. Since 2015, our work has centered around providing young people with the resources to realize job or college placement. Through training, internships and introductions to local businesses SEAT is changing lives in our community.
You can be a part of something special and help us “do whatever it takes to ensure that our young people have every chance for success” – Jennifer Lawrence Executive Director.
If you are someone who excels at coordinating efforts, is strong at problem solving, coaching, and has a passion for making tomorrow better with community-based services, please consider joining our team. Below is an overview of the position currently open.
With a work culture of team that provides a unique employee experience, you will receive extensive training, top of the line benefits packages and competitive compensation. Immediate access to time off and 12 company holidays in addition to (2) two holiday shut downs per year SEAT showcases an appreciation for work life balance.
SEAT is looking to fill this position in the next several weeks. If you are interested, please send your resume to Sharon Phillips Corporate Services Administrator at SEAT Center at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEAT an equal opportunity employer. We observe the CDC guidelines for a safe work environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
The position of Career Services Coordinator will be responsible partnerships and workforce development for students. Specific areas of oversight include:
- Partner/relationship management for existing employers (renewing MOUS’s, regular communication, inviting to SEAT Activities, visiting and coaching at worksite for employer/student liaison work.)
- Provide strategy and develop and manage partnership plans and objectives maintaining a level of ingenuity to specified career training tracks.
- Developing new employer partners specific to SEAT needs (jobs that are entry level, jobs that do not require a high school diploma, jobs in local high growth, industry specific sectors, that have career growth opportunity in a stackable credential model (construction, culinary, technology, manufacturing).
- Organizing Speed Mentoring, Speed Interviewing Events, job shadowing, employer tours or other such job placement and career development applicable to our young people needs/opportunities.
- Developing and keeping updated jobs opportunities available and posted for students and alumni and maintain regular communication via, phone, email, or in person visits.
- Generate effective written reports, briefs and presentations to SEAT leadership and to prospective partners.
- Work with Career Advancement Coaches to ensure students are adequately prepared for interviews and that the necessary resources are available to support individuals getting ready for an interview and/or to start work. This most often includes support in: 1.) Ensuring student is dressed appropriately; 2.) practicing with student and giving the student background information on the company, company culture, and expectations; and 3.) driving the student to the interview. 4) making sure the students have all they need to be successful (documents, training, support).
- Provide oversite and guidance for Career Advancement Coaches.
- Monitor and support the development of Career Plans for students in core program or follow-up.
- Conduct regularly scheduled team meetings to ensure students/alumni successful transition to employment.
- Database tracking and monitoring of student status and outcomes, implement changes based on data to promote program success.
- Track placements and provide replacement as necessary for a minimum of one year.
- Coordinate benchmarks placements and provide guidance and planning when a student is underperforming.
- Stay current on employment trends and opportunities in the local economy best for our participants
- Maintain employer/employee relations
- Assist with Business/Community relations including development as needed.
- Assist with events and fundraising as deemed relevant
- All other duties as assigned and partnership in times when teams need support.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 8 years development experience.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficient in relationship management
- Must have a deep respect for the ideas and intelligence of young adults and a proven track record in working with young adults who have experienced multiple barriers to success.
- Proven track record of executing on new projects/concepts
- Demonstrated placement track record and experience in engaging employers and trade unions.
- Highly experienced at career counseling methodology using a best bet, stackable credential framework.
- Seeking someone who enjoys learning new things in a fast-paced environment and is willing to try new ideas while working with a collaborative team approach.
- Must be able to work occasional nights for community events.
- Must have current license and personal transportation.
*Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8:00am- 4:30pm with some evenings/weekends required for special events and/or schedules.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com