Website SEAT Center
Working alongside young people to build a seat at the table.
The Energy Training Director develops and implements programs to grow SEAT Center’s clean energy training programs for under resourced and underrepresented populations in the Capital Region, with a special focus on ages 18-24 years old. This position requires a person who is self-directed, has strong project management and skills to execute on a vision. The Director is responsible for working with partners to develop training and entry level job pipelines in clean energy sectors, with a focus on offshore wind, energy efficiency, solar, and electric vehicles.
The Energy Training Director reports directly to the Senior Director of Program Development and works closely with Program Management, Construction Services, and Workforce teams. This position is in Schenectady, NY.
Role and Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, and manage energy team members.
- Ensure training participants meet eligibility requirements.
- Coordinate with internal teams for student co-enrollment and success.
- Coordinate with external organizations for outreach, referrals, with a strong focus on serving disadvantaged populations.
- Build positive, mutual relationships with energy partners and network with energy and workforce experts.
- Represent SEAT at workforce and energy related workshops/conferences.
- Develop partner relationships that ensure participants receive hands on work experiences in the specified clean energy tracks.
- Manage project sub-recipients.
- Track and report key data and support grant manager with project reporting.
- Monitor program outcomes and goals using Social Solutions Apricot system to review student participation, benchmarks, and data.
- Participate in energy sector and community based environmental justice work groups.
- Work with training team on technical curriculum development; including Interplay Virtual Reality and developing on-line/ hybrid options.
- Develop and coordinate training schedule.
- Monitor and evaluate training effectiveness.
- Solicit feedback from various teams, including Construction and Workforce, on any challenges or support needed for successful unsubsidized placement.
- Lead efforts to grow energy training services, including leading program development, and contributing to requests for proposals.
- Learn and stay current on new energy efficiency and renewable industries’ standard operation practices and proven methodologies. • Evaluate project and program performance and design improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor’s Degree. Engineering, Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Sociology, Teaching, or other associated BA/BS degrees and/ or up to seven years of related experience.
- Experience managing complex projects including oversight of staff, subcontractors, funder relations, deliverables, and facilitating technical/ subject matter content.
- Training development or training administration experience.
- Understanding of underrepresented youth population, ages 18-24. Experience with this population preferred.
- Strong interest in or experience working on clean energy, climate, energy justice or environmental issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate challenges.
- Ability to understand technical aspects of energy efficiency /clean energy and convey technical information.
- Capacity to manage a high volume of work and complex situations.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Solid verbal and written business communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to pivot quickly from situation to situation.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
About SEAT Center
Founded in 2015, Social Enterprise and Training Center’s mission is to provide transformative educational and workforce experiences that create a sense of purpose and hope in our communities while connecting business to real-time solutions. We do this by providing holistic and comprehensive services to underrepresented populations, with a primary focus on young adults ages 18-24 who have experienced barriers to entering the workforce. Our services include: high school equivalency classes, occupational skills training, student support services, leadership development, service learning, mentoring, career readiness, life skills, job placement and retention, and college bridge programming. Through our social enterprises, we bring together mission and marketplace in an effort to create jobs, develop sustainable revenue streams, and provide valuable services to our community. SEAT Center is an equal opportunity employer. Protocols for COVID are in place as guided by NYS and the CDC.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com